Monday, July 16, 2007

Today I'm Taking them to the Beach...

We finally got Ellie to the beach this weekend. After 15 months of various issues and other reasons to not go to see the ocean, we finally had a reason to go and put her toes in the ocean. It is funny to me that it has taken so long to do this since Abby and I are ocean people but I think that there was a good dose of fear that kept us away.

Well we got brave this weekend and wrapped her sensitive tubes in medical plastic wrap and her sensitive lily white omegaven skin in a fancy SPF 50 space suit and marched her to a family get together/wedding shower at the beach.

Ellie wasn't so sure of the sand:

mmm, crunchy and salty...

Or the cold, 60 degree water at her toes:
Dad, I'm really not sure about this.....


Maybe if I only use one foot like the Karate Kid it won't be so bad...


Wait, yes it is that bad. Pick me up!

Grampa, you are still scary, but wanna dig a hole?

We had fun, spent all of 30 minutes on the beach kept her almost completely clean and dry and then watched Ellie run ragged through the wedding shower for the rest of the day.

The most important thing was that we finally got to the ocean together and got our toes in the sand:

And got a fresh new screen saver of my girls in one of my favorite places-



5 comments:

Stephany said...

What a great weekend adventure. Yay for the beach baby... she'll get the hang of it!

Anonymous said...

I think those pictures are the best ones I have ever seen in my life, even better than the one I have of Ellie and I up at work. I showed Nick and his response was "man I miss her". Just wanted to let you know that we all still think of you and are so glad that things are great. Keep the pictures coming!

Anonymous said...

P.S. that was Dawn

Anonymous said...

Such great pictures! So glad you guys could make that fun memory together as a family. Love the toes pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful pictures of a loving family at the beach. Seeing Ellie at the beach gives us lots of hope that our little Nora will one day be playing in the sand and surf as well. Thanks for being such an inspirational family!!

Best wishes,
Montana, Sarah and Nora Thomas