Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love

Happy Valentine's Day!
Is there any better love than the love between a girl and her dog? This is how they like to watch TV in the afternoons.

Ellie is doing great. Gib has been out of town all week, Karlene has only been here half of the week and I have my first cold of the winter. But other than that, things are good. Ellie has started talking more and trying new words. She has also taken to jumping on the couch and then launching her self off on to pillows on the floor. She does this with the backpack on and just gets up and goes for another round. I think my heart stopped the first time she did it, but now I am getting used to it.

We went in for an unplanned clinic visit on Tuesday to have Dr. Jennings look at few things. We will now use a longer G-tube button to plug her ostomy, will be more aggressive with the treatment of granulation that has started around her new G-tube site and we have a upper GI contrast study scheduled for two weeks from now to see how her bowels are handling being plugged.

I just have to say that I love Dr. Jennings. I went in to his clinic very nervous and with a ton of concerns. He squeezed me in between appointments and still managed to spend enough time with us that I walked out of the appointment feeling 100% better. I really like to have a plan, and a course of action planned out with Ellie. I really hate the "wait and see" approach. It just leaves me to stress out about what is happening and what could happen. I wish I could just shut my brain off sometimes.

Gib comes home tonight and hopefully we are going out for dinner! Karlene bless her heart has offered to work tonight. Now all I have to do is not fall asleep before dinner.

Happy Valentine's day to all our friends and family.

I was also interviewed for another short gut blog for Valentine's day. click here to see the interview. Sebastien's blog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I walked into the D yesterday and Martha asked, "Have you seen the new blog post yet?" I said no, and she said, "My god, she is the most beautiful child I've ever seen." But she's not biased or anything. Good dog Gus - he loves her almost as much as I do. Happy Valentine's Day Brogans.

MommyNay said...

Beautiful photo!