Wednesday, March 18, 2009

101.4 F

Yup. Our first fever in 2 and a half years. But I think it is due to a bad cough Ellie has had on an off for a while now, not her line. Ellie and I did spend the morning and most of the afternoon at Children's with Dr. Jennings. He had us come to his office rather than the ER, which was very nice.

We drew Blood for Cultures (just to be on the safe side) and for CBC. Everything looked good on what we got back today. We will have to wait a few days for the cultures. But the best news is that we are home. We drew blood from her line (for the first time in a almost a year), took a walk, had lunch, ran into another Omegaven family in town for clinic, got a call from Dr. Jennings and came home. Ellie had a great time, I am ready to fall asleep here in front of the computer.

So now I have to take care of the other half of Ellie, the normal kid half. I just treat her like any other sick kid and call Dr. Jennings if anything changes for the worse.

I'm not surprised that this happened. If you remember last year when Gib was away on this same trip, I OD'ed Ellie on Omegaven = 7 hours in the ER in the middle of the night, and then I got sick. So this year, Ellie gets sick and we are back at Children's. Go figure. I don't want to read to much into this, but.... Dam, what is going to happen next year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaah! How does she feel? She usually weathers storms without acting very sick. I swear in her her serenade of Bushel and a Peck she looked less than 100 percent. I hope all is well soon - hang in there.

XT said...

101.4F is ... (101.4-32)*5/9=39.8C

That is very high fever.

Get well soon.