Monday, October 29, 2007

Off the grid

Tomorrow I have to go to Orlando for the week for work.

Not the good mouse part of Orlando but the 'Vegas without the vice' part near the enormous convention center. Lots of family friendly budget neon with nothing of any real value.

I am not very excited to go and even less excited to leave home that is just now starting to feel like we have been here forever. But I was asked to go and talk about ocean conservation to the SCUBA divers of the world so off I go to man a table, fake small talk with 100 people a day and eat lousy meals from a variety of chains.

I have asked Abby to post updates and pictures for me every day so the added bonus will be lots of fun pictures of Ellie for everyone, I hope.

On the plus side, for me at least, is that I get a four nights sleep away from the beeping pumps and scheduled tasks. I usually don't sleep well in hotels and will probably miss the beeps, sort of like the Shawshank Redemtion when Red can't live away from the noise of prison.

On another work note, I made in into the Globe this weekend.

Yep, that's my day job.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Bad food at a convention center?! NO! Such things should be outlawed!

I am glad that you think of yourself as Red and not Brooks! Otherwise we would need to send you to a shrink before we let you go anywhere!