Monday, October 29, 2007

Pedi appointment

Ellie had her 18 month pediatrician appointment today. She got a general well baby check up and her vaccinations. Dr. Lebel was very impressed with Ellie's progress. She is in the 70th percentile for weight, greater than 75 th percentile for height and of course way off the charts for head circumference. The Doctor was still not concerned with Ellie's huge melon, I guess big head=big brains.

We had a good weekend and Ellie really enjoyed the rainy weather.

The only sad part of the visit was that the doctor said that because Ellie has caught a cold the past 2 times she has been to EI playgroup she has to drop out. There are just too many colds that go around in the winter for Ellie to be around other kids.
I really liked that Ellie got to spend time with other kids but I understand that it is just not worth the risk. I think it was just wishful thinking on my part to think that her immune system could handle it in the first place. So, we will try to plan more small play groups here and Karlene and I will just have to get really creative with her play time.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Those are some pretty blue crocs you've got there, Dad.