Friday, June 19, 2009

Homeowners claim: Pump vs. Window

So Gib left today for a fishing tip with his dad and brother. They do this every year, and I love that they do it. I honestly think Gib needs to spend more time fishing. I may regret that statement soon, but oh well.

I discovered tonight that even though it has only been a week or so since Gib was gone last, I am out of practice. I didn't get Ellie down for a nap until 2:30, and then didn't get her hooked up until almost 8:30 tonight. That means she will still be hooked up at 8:30 tomorrow and then she also decided to finally fall asleep about 15 min ago. Yes, that would be 10pm.

It was a combination of me being slow, Ellie not having an appetite because she is getting a cold, the sun finally coming out for the first time in two days at 6pm (we just had to go puddle jumping), a pump malfunction and Ellie wanting to talk to daddy on the phone. I have to say that other than really, really, really wanting to chuck an Omegaven pump through the window it was a good night. All I have to say is thank God for back up pumps.

Ellie is doing well. We are on only 4 nights of 500mls of TPN and 3 of D5. It is a huge change from the 1500 we were on before. The bags are so small. It feels weird giving her so little and I feel like there is no way that can be enough. I also feel like I am starring at her all day just waiting for the sign of dehydration. But so far so good. She is getting a cold so we will see how long this lasts.

Bottom line. We are good, busy, frazzled but good.

No comments: