Monday, April 14, 2008

Buh, Buh?

Ellie has been spectacular this weekend while Abby has been away. Always smiling, never grumpy and sleeping 11 or 12 hours each night. Maybe the biggest miracle of all is that she never got sad that her Mom wasn't here. This makes me a little bit sad but also glad that Abby and I work from home and see Ellie all day, every day. When one of us is gone it isn't such a big deal, she just gets more time with the other one.

This morning she woke up giggling in her crib and whn en I went to ask her if she wanted to get up she told me:

"Up, up. Buh, Buh?," and started giggling in her crib again. She wanted to get up and play with Beth.

This made me realize that maybe it was Ellie just being great this weekend because she was excited and exhausted from playing with her aunt.

Either way she was a rock star.

Abby changed her flight and should be home after lunchtime. Karlene is back today as well after three weeks of rehabilitation after spinal surgery.

Not a minute too soon on either front. Ellie has some serious playing to do and I'm not sure that I can keep up with her.

No comments: