Monday, January 22, 2007

Some photos from the last two days

Yesterday's trip the hospital was just another day in our whacky ride through the land of Ellie. We knew that things like this would happen and we just roll with it as best we can. It really isn't all that hard for us to go back into Children's and we have a fairly good time of it when we are there, believe it or not. It's not home but it isn't so bad when you have a smiling girl on board.

We are getting early results back on her cultures and hope to have them identified pretty well by tomorrow. Then we can move away from the general antibiotics to more pinpoint drugs. When we go home depends on what bugs she has, what drugs she needs and whether we can give them to her at home or she needs to stay around to get them.

We are pretty flexible.

Some pictures of our last 24+ hours, narrated by the center of the universe:

Daddy, can't you see that I've got an infection?


Maybe if you put that stupid camera down, you would see this thing in my belly....


See? I told you I was feeling crummy and now were in the ER....


But now I feel much better.

Even good enough to play with balloons...(YouTube link)

Can't you see how proud I am?

And I get to see all of my friends in the hospital. Really. All of them have stopped to say hello.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ellie, for filling us in on the latest.

At the risk of being annoyingly redundant, allow me to briefly say how continually awed I am at how well y'all roll with this. If I hit traffic I'm on the verge of meltdown. I guess you've got a pretty amazing little motivator. Glad to hear everyone is well, and as always, to see more pictures!

Anonymous said...

If that isn't the truth (the center of the universe). And rightfully so... I just heard you're on your way home. Hooray, hooray, hooray. I'll try not to be get too excited, just like I try not to be too anxious when the car is going the other way. But I'm still happy the Princess of Everything will be reunited with her brother, Gus. Keep those wipes handy!