Thursday, August 20, 2009

"I'm sorry, Daddy"


That is what Ellie had to tell me tonight at 10:15 after I had woken her from a sound sleep (no nap today) in her warm bed, carried her into another room and held her down while a nurse gave her her third enema since 4 PM. Bowel Prep for today's endoscopy.

"I'm sorry, Daddy."

I don't get choked up very much about these things but that about did me in.

No. Kiddo. I'm sorry.

She was asleep again by 10:20, sweaty and redfaced.

It took a lot longer for me to go back to sleep.


6 comments:

Kate said...

This, too, shall pass, Gibby. You'll all be home soon. We love you a bushel and a peck.

- The Maine team

Anonymous said...

That one did me in and I'm not going to tell Grampa to read it! She is one tough little girl. Kate is right....you'll soon be home, getting ready for pre-school, where the only decision will be which color Crocs to wear. Love,M

Anonymous said...

The crown, however, must go to preschool. I love you Gib.

the crucible said...

OMG, crying at work. Sending love and good wishes your way. Hope you get out in time to have a good weekend at home, and that the scans explain something for a new path forward.

Sarah Thomas, Nora's mom said...

Ugh, talk about hitting you right in the heart. We're thinking of you guys and wishing you the best today with Ellie's scope, hopefully it will reveal what's going on with your sweet little Ellie and you can go home soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself Gib!! I know how you feel though...so hard to put such an innocent and precious child thru these torturous events. Hopefully she will remember very little of this in the future.
Kah